Heritage Statements & Planning Consents
Our services include
- Quality assured advice at pre-application stage to inform proposals
- Heritage Statements and Listed Building Statements
- Statements of Significance and Impact Assessments for undesignated and designated assets
- Archaeological desk-based assessments
- Liaison with Historic England and Local Authority heritage staff
- Specialist advice on the suitability of alterations or repairs
- Guidance on mitigating harm to historic fabric
- Access & Design Statements for Planning Applications
Some previous projects
As part of a collaboration with Locus Consulting, we provided specialist built heritage services for a Heritage Statement for the iconic Grade II listed Trent Bridge in Nottingham. This included an assessment of the historic development of the bridge and its significance to inform future repair and maintenance strategies for the structure. Under a separate contract we then developed this into a Conservation Management Plan, including a gazetteer of elements, policies for the protection of the significance of the asset, and a programme of necessary repairs and maintenance for the next 10 years.
As part of the development phase work for Heritage Lottery Funding, we provided primary and secondary research into the origins and development of the c.20 listed buildings and structures in the grade II* registered ‘Swiss Garden’ at Old Warden. The work was used to inform the award-winning repair and reinstatement strategy for the architectural and landscape works elements of an NLHF funded restoration project, inform statements of significance and the Conservation Management Plan.